My blog about travelling around Australia for six months in our camper trailer.

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Glass Bottom Boat in Coral Bay

Today we are still in Coral Bay. This morning we went on the glass bottom boat. The boat left at 10:00 am.

First we had to walk through the water to the boat because it was too shallow for the boat to come up to the shore.

The fish in the water are coloured black and white. There was big schools of blue and silver fish. North West Snappers.


Up close of coral

more coral

The boat motor and some fish

Mum and Abi at the back of the boat

When we stopped at the first snorkeling spot I got in the water with Dad. I swam with a mask and my camera.

I took pictures of coral and fish. When I got back on the boat I felt sick.

The types of coral were ayers rock, cabbage, lavender and dreadlock coral. Three things that coral is, plant animal and mineral.


I felt happy and a bit nervous about going in the water. I was nervous about accidently drinking the salt water.

No comments:

Post a Comment